Thursday, November 12, 2009

Young and Beautiful

Austin Young has been a hero of mine since the 90's ( when he had a different name...but coming from me, who's counting ;)

When I first saw his work I was taken not only by his colorful bold style but his subjects. He has the clout to photograph some of the most famous people on the planet (and he does) yet he chooses ( thank God) to keep his main focus on friends, drag queens, fringe, beautiful misfits and great emerging talent, local royalty. He is friends with so many of my friends yet we've only talked online. I think I might act a fool when I finally meet him. Nawww...who am I kidding. I'll wantonly throw myself in front of his camera!! Oh, wait..that's acting a fool. Nevermind.







He is also a phenomenal film maker..producing such gems as ...



He also has a series entitled THE WORM . It's not for everyone, but I find it hilarious.

I'f you don't already know him... take a long drink of Young... You'll most likely feel better for it.

Here are some classic examples ..... enjoy.

" Squeaky "









"Siouxsie Sioux"


" MALIKAI"