Tuesday, February 9, 2010

THE ARCHER & THE WOLF



I spent lo these past days creating my ode to valentine in Darlaville.



Here we have the lovely ( now 10 years old, yes double digits!) CZ as my Cupid-esque figure donning a semi military look complete with french inspired hat made from paper and sateen ruffles. I made the deconstructed skirt from crepe and vintage pages from Virgil's epic poem, The Aeneid.

We've all known cupid as a sweet deity whom inspires romance....and at times the savage archer randomly spearing us with the desire for the wrong sort.

My deity is riding her rough hewn chariot, pulled by blinded fowl... nobody is safe from the archer's quiver and drench-hearted pike !

The chariot I made of oak was somewhat inspired by Maurice Sendak's '' Where the Wild Things Are''.... hence my little wolf hatty addition to our day.

May your archer choose the sugar dipped darts and leave the poisoned
ones to the roosters.



SEE THE SHOOT HERE